Monday, February 20, 2012

You Choose

I think a lot!  I know I've mentioned it before.  There is a lot of sadness and struggle going on in the lives of people around me.  It makes me think...it makes me sad....  It makes me wonder what I can do differently day to day -in the mundane.

What seems to help...what does it every.single.time for me is laying it all at His feet.

And lately He has reminded me over and over that LOVE is the answer.  Real and raw and true LOVE.

That it doesn't matter what "their" life looks like or how frustrated I'm feeling by my (lack of) parenting skills or how she's going to get through this rough patch....

His LOVE is enough.  It is actually more than enough, it is EVERYTHING.  And it's there for us if we choose to receive it.  The best gift you'll ever get.




Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

Love covers over a multitude of sins...it really, truly does.  And it's beautiful and amazing and so very freeing.... LOVE.



4 comments:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Very true and very good reminder. :)

Erin James said...

this was such a wonderful reminder for me today :) you are such an encouragement. just found your blog and i am looking forward to reading more!

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Jami said...

so grateful for the love of my Saviour. This was a great reminder to pass that love on. Thank you!

Sarah said...

Just checking in to see if you posted anything new! I keep waiting for more! I reread this, though, and loved it again! Thank you for sharing your wisdom!